We can help. Together we learn....

Issue with Pop up display

by Voice | Tuesday, November 29, 2011 in , |

Hi Friends.

SAP is full of surprises. Today when I was trying to test a program, I saw the messages are not coming properly. Instead of showing the full message, it is truncated with a cross icon.

Finally I was able to trace the source of the problem. The problem lies in the SAP FM - POPUP_WITH_TABLE_DISPLAY_OK. I have used this function module numerous times in past and but this time, I realized there is a "IF" condition in the source code of this FM at line no - 68.

  LOOP AT LISTTAB.
    IF LISTTAB+15(1) = 'S' OR LISTTAB+15(1) = 'F'.
      IF LISTTAB+15(1) = 'S'.
        WRITE: / LISTTAB+0(15), ICON_OKAY AS ICON.
      ELSEIF LISTTAB+15(1) = 'F'.
        WRITE: / LISTTAB+0(15), ICON_CANCEL AS ICON.
      ENDIF.
    ELSE.
      WRITE: / LISTTAB.
    ENDIF.
  ENDLOOP.

So if the 16th character of your message is either S or F, then your message will be truncated. If you are facing this problem now you the reason. You can solve this issue in your own way.

[My sol - simply convert the 16th character to lower case if it F or S.]

3 comments:

  1. IT Training & Placement on March 10, 2012 at 12:57 PM

    This post has a lot of importance to the people, I want to do SAP Online Training so please suggest me best training center in USA.

     
  2. Unknown on February 25, 2013 at 11:32 PM

    This is very good information on POP up

     
  3. Unknown on January 22, 2016 at 5:35 PM

    Thanks for a great information in your blog.I have read all the post of your blog.Great work on SAP SF

     

Categories